Cafe des Voix is a performance workshop series with a goal of providing singers the opportunity to learn new songs, work with a professional accompanist and receive coaching on style, performance and delivery. An emphasis is put on working with songs from jazz, blues, broadway and popular repertoires. At the rehearsal the accompanist will help you work out the best key for your song and will develop an arrangement for you to sing. You’ll be provided with a piano track to take home and practice with for each song.
Two days following the rehearsal singers will perform their songs at the “Cafe des Voix” – an informal cafe setting where family, friends and community members are invited to enjoy the music. Pass the hat donations to pay the pianist.
The Cafe des Voix process:
- Register online for a singing spot by scheduling your rehearsal using our on-line scheduler below.
- Complete and submit the song information form when you schedule your rehearsal.
Once this is done then the rehearsal pianist will contact you by email to confirm your musical selections and discuss charts and music.
The singers then attend a rehearsal to prepare their three songs for the upcoming Cafe des Voix
Performance Workshop Cost.
- Cost for one half-hour rehearsal and one Cafe performance with the pianist = $20.00 per singer.
- Number of singers per each CDV = 8
- Set up like a cafe where there is a clear view of the stage.
- Seating for approx 25 people in the audience. Donations at the door to pay for accompanists..
- Concession fundraiser opportunity for the Church during the Cafe.
- Set up and tear down to be done by CDV volunteers.
2021 Dates planned for Crescent Fort Rouge:
Monday, November 15, 3:00 to 9:00 reh.
Wednesday, November 17, 7:00 to 9:00 Cafe Rouge
Sunday, Nov 21 rehearsal
Tuesday, Nov 23rd – Cafe des Voix at Gordies
Monday, December 6, 3:00 to 9:00 rehearsal
Wednesday, December 8, 7:00 to 9:00 Cafe
Sunday, Dec 19th Rehearsal
Tuesday, Dec 21st – Cafe des Voix at Gordies!
Grant is happy to talk to singers about song selections/ideas/music etc leading up to the first date. They can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call me at 431-373-3108