Kate Weekes and I are getting ready to embark on a 3 month tour that includes
1. Hiking the West Coast Trail to warm up for 3 months of playing music together :c)
This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time and things just fell into place to let it happen now. Both Kate and I are thrilled to be doing this hike together.
2. Playing at the Nanjing Jazz and World Music Festival in Nanjing China.
This is my third appearance at this wonderful festival in China. The Grant Simpson Quintet features: Keitha Clark on Violin, Duncan Sinclair on Tenor, Rocky Bergman on Upright Bass, Kate Weekes on Rhythm Guitar and Vocals, Grant Simpson on Piano. The festival has grown since I was there last and now includes 5 Cities! Looking forward to this!
3. Various shows and workshops in Ontario
4. Playing on the VIA Rail from Montreal to Halifax and back
5. A Home Routes Maritimes Tour!!!!!!!! (SUPER STOKED ABOUT THIS)
6. More dates in Ontario
7. Returning home in January. The perfect time to return to the Yukon. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!.
A very interesting 3 months!!!!!